Meet Martin Garrix, the youngest DJ to ever headline a show at Madison Square Garden. He is also one of the richest DJs in the world with an estimated net worth of $20 million. Born on May 14th 1995 in Amstelveen, Netherlands, he started producing music when he was just 12 years old and by 16 had already created his first hit “Animals”. He has become famous for this track as well as hits like “Scared To Be Lonely” and “In The Name Of Love” featuring Bebe Rexha.
Martijn Gerard Garritsen was born on the 14th of May, 1996 in Amstelveen, Netherlands. From a young age he has had an interest and fascination with music which led him to learn how to play guitar at 8 years old. After seeing Tiesto perform live for the first time as a DJ his passion for electronic dance music became stronger than ever before and so he purchased FL Studio software at 18 years old after graduating from Herman Brood Academy 3 years later in 2013.
After being inspired by Dutch DJ Tiesto, Martin Garrix was signed to Spinnin’ Records and became a sensation. He collaborated with other artists before releasing his EP “Breakthrough,” which received major support from British DJs Jauz & Henry Fong.
In 2013, he was ranked 40th on DJ Magazine’s Top 100 DJ list. Three years later in 2016, they named him the World’s Number One Dj!
Music producer Martin Garrix has worked with many famous artists, including Ed Sheeran and Bebe Rexha. He also collaborated with Usher as well as Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda for the song “Waiting For Tomorrow.” His net worth is $22 million today!
Here are some of the best highlights of Martin Garrix’s career:
- Gold Skies (2014)
- Break Through the Silence (2015)
- EDMXXL: The Best Of (2015)
- Seven (2016)
Favorite Quotes from Martin Garrix
“My team and I are always pushing the envelope when it comes to music and creativity. We never settle for anything less than excellence, which is why our fans love us so much! As a DJ my goal has always been about giving people that one-of-a-kind experience they will remember forever.” – Martin Garrix
“I used to think that people who use social media for negative purposes were cowards. I’ve since learned otherwise and now focus on the love around me instead of negativity. The best advice is not to care about what these people say because it doesn’t matter anyway! Just keep doing you.”– Martin Garrix
Martin Garrix, the well-known DJ and producer extraordinaire who has been nominated for a Grammy Award three times in his short career so far, is very passionate about education. He believes that an educated generation can ensure a better future when he said “What matters is encouraging my fans to focus on their education.”
“I’ve been pinching myself all day ever since I found out that my music is going to be played at Ultra. I was just a little kid when this whole thing started, and now it looks like things are finally peaking for me! The festival organizers have actually called me up personally to tell me about the slot on their lineup—it feels so surreal knowing how far you can come in such a short time.”
Ireland is a country that has been changing drastically over the last few decades. What was once an insular and devoutly Catholic place with conservative traditions, Ireland now welcomes its new citizens from all around to come to join in on their progressiveness, openness of heart and mind while maintaining strict diplomatic relations with other countries?
After completing school at the Coornhert Gymnasium, he attended Fontys University of Applied Sciences in Eindhoven for a course on Audio Engineering.
Family Details: He was born to his parents Marcel Garritsen and Debby Willemse. His mother is a former backstroke swimmer who won two silver medals at the 1981 European Aquatics Championships.
He is currently dating Dutch DJ and model Daniëlle Koster from the Netherlands. She has been featured in his music videos for “Scared To Be Lonely” & “In The Name Of Love”. We may expect to see more of her as she often accompanies Martin at award shows and music festivals. We look forward to seeing her in more of Martin’s videos too!
Net Worth & Income Sources
His estimated net worth is $20 million. His main sources of income are his music sales, live performances, brand endorsements & collaborations and personal investments in real estate & business ventures.
Achievements & Awards
Garrix has won several awards including the “Best New Dance Act” award at the MTV Europe Music Awards in 2013. He won a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording at The 59th Annual Grammy Awards held last year.
Social Media Profiles
Martin is active on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram & Twitter with over 17 million fans and followers. He has an official YouTube channel with over 800 million views & 780 thousand subscribers where he posts his live performances and studio sessions.
Interesting & Fun Facts
– His full name is Martijn Gerard Garritsen
– He was nicknamed “Marty” by his family and the shortened version of Martin in Dutch. Also known as MARTIN! or MARM, he often uses this abbreviation in all capitals when writing it out.
– At only 18 years old, he became one of the youngest ever DJ’s to headline at the world-famous Madison Square Garden in New York City.
– His older sister, Debby Garritsen is also a keen swimmer and was part of her school team when she was younger. She reached a national level competition but had to give up her dream due to injury issues. Today she works as an accountant and is married to a banker.
– He has his own high-end fashion line named Martijn Garritsen where he designs clothes for men with an athletic body type. You can buy them on the official website: martijngarritsenfashionline.com – His net worth reached $20 million by 2017 thanks to album sales, live performances, brand endorsements & collaborations and personal investments in real estate & business ventures.
– He has a range of tattoos including a star on his chest which represents the start of something new, a heart with “mom” written inside it to represent his parents and another tattoo that says “I love you mom”. – In 2014 he was ranked number one on DJ Magazine’s annual list of the top 100 DJs. He was ranked number 66 in 2015, and held onto that position for another year before dropping one spot to number 67 in 2016. – In 2017 he earned $19 million after collaborating with David Guetta, Tiesto & Usher.
Martin Garrix is a Dutch DJ and producer who has an estimated net worth of $20 million & earns around $19 million annually. He was born in Tiel, Netherlands on September 28th 1996 to his parents Marcel Garritsen and Debby Willemse. We hope you enjoyed reading this article about Martin Garrix Net Worth. Thank you!